1/1 Photo of Roasted Garlic and Herb Beurre Blanc - an Amazing Sauce
We made this sauce recently during class at Culinary Communion - it was intended to go along with the Pork Loin with Spinach and Pernod recipe, but frankly, it went really well on just about everything served with the meal! Especially with the Green Glop (aka Puree Verte, Puree Verte - Potato, Fennel, and Fava Mash). Here's Chef Gabriel Claycamp's recipe for Roasted Garlic and Herb Beurre Blanc - I can assure you that it's a rich, creamy, flavorful, delicious sauce that's well-worth the relatively small effort of making it to accompany your meals! (It's not exactly fat-free, but remember: everything in moderation.) Posted with permission.
My Private Note
cups, a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 4 tablespoons chopped roasted garlic
- 1/2 cup cream or 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 lb butter, cut into cubes and preferably at room temperature
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1In a saucepan over medium temperature, combine the wine, shallots, and garlic, and reduce until the wine just covers the shallots.
- 2Add the cream or half and half and reduce again until the mixture is thick and syrupy, stirring occasionally.
- 3Reduce the temperature to very low and gradually whisk the pieces of butter into the mixture, one cube at a time (alternately, you can remove it from the heat and - using an immersion blender - emulsify the butter into it one piece at a time; this is the method we used during class).
- 4Do not allow the sauce to become either too hot or too cold or it will break.
- 5Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper, stir in the remaining ingredients (the herbs), and serve immediately.
- 6Note: we've served this over pork, chicken, rabbit, and vegetables - delicious!
- 7Also, feel free to experiment with other herbs than listed above.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garlic and Herb Beurre Blanc - an Amazing Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1169.2
- Calories from Fat 1044
- Total Fat 116.0 g
- Saturated Fat 73.3 g
- Cholesterol 316.7 mg
- Sodium 770.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g