Recipe by cookiedog
This is a winner from the Gilroy Garlic Festival. Recipe by Terra Fox. Spread this on crackers, toasted bread slices, or miniature pitas. Serving size is an estimate.
- 2 bulbs of garlic
- 6 ounces blue cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 loaf bread, slices lightly toasted (or toasted miniature pita bread)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove all but a couple of layers of skin off the garlic (do not peel it down to the cloves).
- Slice the tips of the cloves so flesh is just exposed.
- Place garlic in a small baking dish (or a garlic roaster, if you have one).
- Place a few sliced scallions around the garlic bulbs.
- Coat garlic bulbs with olive oil with a thin layer of olive oil in the bottom of the dish.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until cloves are soft.
- About 10 minutes before the garlic is done, place crumbled blue cheese around garlic cloves.
- Stir around to coat with oil.
- Return to oven and bake until melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- To eat, spread a bread slice with the blue cheese, squeeze on roasted garlic and spread.