Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
By Tyler Florence on Food 911 he made strip steaks with this and marinated them for 4-5 hours. If you don't know how to make roasted garlic use Roasted Garlic Paste - it will work for the shallots too though do them separately so that they can develop their own flavors.
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 6 garlic cloves, roasted
- 2 shallots, roasted
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a non-aluminum mixing bowl.
- Pour into a zip-lock bag.
- Add meat. When ready to cook, discard marinade.
I have been using this recipe for years. It's fantastic. Once you get a taste for roasted shallots, you'll find countless uses for them. Thanks for posting this. I lost my copy and my wife found this.