Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A savory party favorite for crackers. Good with wine. Prep time is including the roasting of garlic...the cook time is the chill time.
- 3 heads garlic, peeled (about 36 cloves)
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups blanched almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped (about 6 oz)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- Position rack in lowest third of oven and preheat to 300°F.
- Place garlic in small baking dish and toss with oil.
- Bake until garlic is soft and golden- approx 30 minutes.
- Transfer to blender and let cool- approx 30 minutes.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and mustard to garlic.
- Blend until garlic is finely chopped.
- Scrape mixture into large bowl.
- Stir in almonds, sour cream, mayonnaise, and herbs, salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or best overnight to mellow flavors.
- Let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour prior to serving.
This dip is as good as the first time I made it over 30 years ago! Always a favorite