Recipe by startnover
I have serched High and low for a garlic ailio recipe and finally found one!
Top Review by Yvonne N.
Just made this and it is great! a suggestion for those that have a really juicy lemon like I did. Only use half of the lemon, I had to add more garlic and salt as the lemon flavor was very over powering and i couldn't really get the garlic flavor.
- 1 large head of garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 small lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast the garlic head by cutting a thin slice off the very top of the head to expose the tops of all the cloves. Set the head in a shallow baking dish, and drizzle 2T olive oil over the head and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover w/ foil.
- Bake in a 300 degree oven for 1-1/2 hours till garlic is very soft.Set aside.
- When cool squeeze the pulp out of the garlic into a blender and add egg yolks, garlic, lemon juic, water, salt, and cayenne.
- Puree till smooth.
- With motor running add the reserved oil from roasted garlic plus the additional 1-1/2 c oil in a slow steady stream and continue processing till emulsified.