1/4 Photos of Roasted Garlic
A wonderful phenomena occurs when you treat your garlic this way...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Remove the papery outer covering of whole garlic head, but do not seperate the cloves or peel them.
- 3Place as many whole heads of garlic on a large square of heavy-duty aluminum foil as there are people to be served.
- 4Fold up foil so that the cloves are completely wrapped.
- 5Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- 6Serve each diner a head of garlic and some bread and butter.
- 7Separate cloves.
- 8Hold a clove over a piece of buttered bread and squeeze.
- 9The garlic puree will pop out, like toothpaste from a tube.
- 10Spread and eat.
- 11GARLIC PUREE:
- 12To make a batch of Garlic Puree for later use, let roasted heads of garlic cool, unwarapped for at least 5 minutes.
- 13Gently separate the cloves and squeeze each one over a fine meshed sieve, so that the softened garlic pops into the sieve.
- 14With wooden spatula or wooden spoon, rub garlic through the sieve into a small container or bowl.
- 15Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate the puree if needed.
- 16QUICK PUREE:
- 17If you are in a hurry, you may skip the refinement of the sieve.
- 18Simply squeeze the cloves, one by one, over a bowl.
- 19When they have all been squeezed, use a rubber spatula to push the puree into a neat mound cover tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until needed.
- 20It will keep for months.
- 21To keep indefinitely, cover with a film of olive oil.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2149.0
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4682.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 408.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.6 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 69.4 g