Recipe by mydesigirl
From Eat Better America.
Top Review by anonymous23
My mom and I once turned this into a whole Friday night dinner. We smelled like garlic all weekend--but it was oh so delicious! Cutting the top off was really hard to do; we had to use Mom's largest Cutco serrated knife. Oh, and I don't recall using salt or pepper--just evoo.
- 2 heads garlic
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- steamed vegetables or sliced French bread, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Carefully peel paperlike skin from around each bulb of garlic, leaving just enough to hold garlic cloves together.
- Cut 1/4 to 1/2 inch from top of each bulb to expose cloves.
- Place cut side up on 12-inch square of foil.
- Drizzle each bulb with 2 teaspoons oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wrap securely in foil.
- Place in pie plate or shallow baking pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until garlic is tender when pierced with toothpick or fork. Cool slightly.
- To serve, gently squeeze soft garlic out of cloves.
- Stir into hot vegetables or spread on bread.