Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Roast 4 heads of garlic whole. Put them in a container with a tight lid and then when you want to make garlic bread, just squeeze one clove on the bread slice and butter it and sprinkle with Parmesan....so easy, or just eat it spread on fresh bread.
- 4 heads garlic
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place heads of garlic in a small shallow baking pan.
- Pour the chicken broth over the garlic.
- sprinkle with the thyme and rosemary, and season with the S & P.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 400F for 1 hour.
- Cool until they can be handled safely, and squeeze the garlic out of the 'paper' husk.
- Serve hot or cold.
This was good but it didn`t roast it was more steamed not caramelized at all. I do suggest to cut the tops for ease in squeezing out the tender garlic cloves. This is a lower fat way to make it.