Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Nothing is as scrumptious as fresh asparagus nor roasted veggies. Full article by Cat Rooney/Epoch Times at http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/99474-roasted-fresh-asparagus-beets-and-goat-cheese-medley/
- 1 lb asparagus
- 2 -3 small beets
- 1 tablespoon virgin oil
- 1 pinch salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, left on the stems (optional)
- 2 ounces goat cheese, with honey or 2 ounces seasoned goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried fruit (raisins or cranberries, apricots cut to small pieces)
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- parchment paper, to cover baking sheet
- Heat oven to 425º F. Wash asparagus and cut off the tougher bottom parts of the stems. (Don’t snap the ends as you lose too much of the asparagus). If sizes vary dramatically, slice the largest asparagus stems lengthwise. The asparagus can be chopped uniformly into halves or thirds or left whole.
- Wash and peel beets and slice into small cubes. Place asparagus and beets in a large bowl. Add olive oil, seasoning, and thyme and toss until completely coated.Cover baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange asparagus and beets on the sheet so they are spread out and not overlapping. Use a spatula to gather any remaining oil and seasonings to drizzle over the arranged vegetables. Bake for 15-20 minutes until beets are tender then remove them from the oven. Pile the asparagus and beets into the middle of the baking pan. Add cheese, fruit, and almonds. Bake another 10 minutes.