1/4 Photos of Roasted French Vegetables in Hot Balsamic and Olive Oil Dressing
French Tart's Note:
A fantastic medley of French vegetables - Fennel Bulb, Onions, Garlic, Red Peppers, Aubergines & Tomatoes; oven roasted in a Balsamic vinegar, Caper & Olive oil dressing! Simple yet impressive and adds a real splash of colour to any meal. I make loads of this, usually with the vegetables listed, but you can add anything you like which is in season, such as Courgettes; It freezes very well and is used in numerous recipes of mine, such as Vegetarian Lasagne, Vegetarian Shepherds Pie, Pasta Bakes, Hot Vegetable Salad and also a great recipe which I will post, called French Roast Chicken & Vegetables in Wine! Great ALL year around, the only proviso is what vegetables you have in season.......however, the Fennel Bulb & Capers really adds that oooh la la!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 red peppers, seeds removed and quartered
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 4 onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into wedges
- 2 aubergines, cut into chunky cubes
- 6 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- 1Pre-heat oven to 250°C or 475°F.
- 2You need a very strong and rigid roasting tin, one that will not bend in high heat.
- 3Place all your prepared vegetables into the roasting tin. The vegetables should be roughly the same size so they cook evenly.
- 4Mix together your balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Season the dressing well with salt, preferably sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 5Add the capers.
- 6Pour the dressing over the vegetables and then very carefully give them a stir with a wooden spoon.
- 7Roast them in a pre-heated HOT oven for about 30-45 minutes or until they are all charred at the edges, are soft but NOT too mushy - they should still hold their shape!
- 8Serve alongside your main meal, or use for lasagne, pasta & pasta bakes, hot salads and also couscous salads -- the list is endless!
- 9They can be frozen as soon as they are cool in zip-lock bags or rigid plastic containers.
- 10P.S. Keep the fennel bulb fronds of greenery as a lovely garnish.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted French Vegetables in Hot Balsamic and Olive Oil Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.1
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 79.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 4.7 g