Recipe by Abby Girl
Crisp and delicious. Vary the flavours by adding chili powder or other spices to the coating mixture. Make up a second batch and freeze. To use, just heat them up in the oven on a cookie sheet at 425 F for about 15 minutes.
Top Review by teresas
Wow! We loved these. DH even rated them top of the list for all the un-fried fries. This is easy to prepare. I used a mixture of herbs on mine. I also had to let them cook for an additional 10 minutes and 15 would have been even better. Great recipe and thanks for posting. :)
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (or a combination, or 1 tsp dried) or 2 tablespoons fresh thyme (or a combination, or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and cut into sticks as for French fries.
- In a large bowl, combine cornstarch, water, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir until smooth.
- Add potatoes to cornstarch mixture and toss well.
- Arrange potatoes in single layer (potatoes should not touch) on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush with oil.
- Bake potatoes in preheated 425 oven for 15 minutes. Turn potatoes and continue to bake for 10 - 15 minutes longer, until brown, crisp and cooked through.