Crisp and delicious. Vary the flavours by adding chili powder or other spices to the coating mixture. Make up a second batch and freeze. To use, just heat them up in the oven on a cookie sheet at 425 F for about 15 minutes.
- Peel potatoes and cut into sticks as for French fries.
- In a large bowl, combine cornstarch, water, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir until smooth.
- Add potatoes to cornstarch mixture and toss well.
- Arrange potatoes in single layer (potatoes should not touch) on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush with oil.
- Bake potatoes in preheated 425 oven for 15 minutes. Turn potatoes and continue to bake for 10 - 15 minutes longer, until brown, crisp and cooked through.