Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Easy and good. Do NOT use marinated artichokes. Sole or other similar fish can be substituted for the flounder.
- 2 large red onions, cut in thin wedges (about 1/2-inch wide)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups artichoke hearts (canned or frozen and thawed)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless flounder fillets
- Spread onions in an even layer in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan and drizzle oil over top; stir to coat; roast at 400F 30-35 minutes until golden.
- In the meantime, mix together parsley, orange zest and garlic and set aside.
- Remove onion pan from oven to a heatproof surface and stir in artichokes and tomatoes.
- Push vegetables aside, place fish fillets on bottom of pan and spoon vegetables over fish; sprinkle with parsley mixture.
- Roast 5-15 minutes at 400F (depending on thickness of fillets) until fish is opague in center.
This recipe was so easy. I have been looking for flounder recipes and this was delicious! The only thing I would change, is I would flavor the fish a little with either salt and pepper or a little canjun seasoning. (my husband's favorite) Thank you for this wonderful recipe!