Recipe by Manami
Roasting members of the brassica family brings out a hidden nutty sweetness. Here we have used half broccoli and half cauliflower. EatingWell Magazine, March/05 issue.
Top Review by breezermom
I only had broccoli, and this turned out wonderfully. My oven cooks hot, so I reduced the heat to 425 and these were done in about 12 minutes. Thanks for sharing! Made for Bargain Basement tag.
- 8 cups bite-size cauliflower (both mixed together) or 8 cups broccoli florets, sliced (both mixed together)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- lemon wedge (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Place florets in a large bowl with oil, salt, pepper & pepper flakes and toss to coat.
- Spread out on a baking sheet.
- Roast the vegetables, stirring once, until tender-crisp and browned in spots, 15 to 25 minutes.
- Serve hot or warm with lemon wedges, if desired.