Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Use any light flaky white fish like cod, haddock or halibut
- 1 lb haddock fillet
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 pinch saffron
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- Preheat oven to 450°F Place tomatoes in baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Season fish with salt and pepper as well and place on top of the tomatoes.
- Whisk oil, wine, shallot, thyme, basil, and saffron to blend. Season mixture to taste with salt and pepper and pour evenly over fish. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Place baking dish on the middle rack of the oven and roast until fish is opaque in center, about 10 minutes. Serve with white rice.