Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
When I come home tired and don't feel like dirtying a lot of plates but still want a healthy meal this is what I go for. Cod is the fish I use most, but any white fillet works well. You can also roast some whole button mushrooms along with the tomatoes. This is a very filling meal with mashed potatoes or a simple green salad on the side.
- Lay the fish fillets on a baking tray and brush the tops with a little olive oil.
- Coat the tomatoes with the remaining olive oil and lay them cut side down on the tray with the fish.
- Sprinkle some black pepper over the fish and bake in a 200C or 400F oven for 25 minutes or until the fish flakes easily. If you use fresh fish, the cooking time should be less, about 15-20 minutes.
- Divide the fish and tomatoes between two plates.
- Roughly tear the basil leaves and sprinkle over the plate.
I used halibut and they turned out great. I had cherry tomatoes and they cooked nicely in 20 min, This was very good recipe my DH raved about. Thanks for posting.