Recipe by LMillerRN
To ensure that the potatoes cook evenly, slice larger ones in half lengthwise and leave smaller ones whole. From Martha Stewart.
Top Review by Acerast
Great potatoes! I used my cast iron skillet to roast the little beauties to perfection. The seasonings were delicious - I threw them all in at once before roasting rather than save some for the end. The fingerlings were great and I'm considering trying this method with larger potatoes cut to a similar size. Thanks for posting LMillerRN - this one's a keeper!
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fingerling potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat a large ovenproof gratin dish or skillet in the oven for 15 minutes. Combine salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary in a small bowl.
- Toss potatoes in a medium bowl with the olive oil. Sprinkle generously with seasoned-salt mixture, and arrange potatoes in a single layer in preheated pan.
- Roast until they are golden on the outside and tender when pierced with a sharp knife 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and serve hot with additional seasoned salt on the side.