Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious original way to eat potatoes. From Bon Appetit
- 1 3⁄4 lbs fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt, kosher
- pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 cup chives, fresh, packed, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, Italian, packed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons almonds, slivered, chopped (or walnuts, pine nuts)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a medium bowl toss potatoes with 1 Tablespoon oil to coat. Season generously with salt and pepper. Spread potato halves in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast potatoes, turning occasionally, until tender, and golden brown, 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 1/2 cup chives, parsley, almonds, and garlic in a processor. Pulse until finely chopped. With machine running, gradually add remaining oil through feed tube and process until incorporated. Transfer chive pesto to a small bowl. Stir in lemon juice, then 2 tablespoons water. Season pesto with salt and pepper.
- Transfer potatoes to a platter. Drizzle with half of pesto, sprinkle with additional chopped chives. Serve with remaining pesto.l.