This such a simple dish with so much flavor. Just tossed with fresh rosemary, olive oil and roasted. The fingerlings are creamy and tender, but small new or red potatoes would be a good substitute. I prefer kalamata olives, but use your favorite. For this dish, I really prefer grape or cherry tomatoes vs plum or Roma tomatoes. This is a very forgiving dish, there is no right or wrong, you can add more tomatoes, potatoes or olives according to your specific tastes. Serve with roasted chicken or lamb are my favorites, but it really is a wonderful easy side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs fingerling potatoes
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (around 30-35 tomatoes, depending on the size)
- 1/2-3/4 cup kalamata olive, whole (you can use your favorite olives)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced fine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (go light on the salt as the olives are salty)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- parsley (optional)
- 1Potatoes -- I prefer to cut them in lengthwise, either in quarters or thirds depending on the size. I keep the skin on as it is very thin. If you use red potatoes, I usually cut them in quarters.
- 2Dressing -- In a large bowl, mix the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary. Add in the potatoes, tomatoes and olives and toss well.
- 3Bake -- Add the vegetables to a baking pan coated with parchment paper (which I prefer) or you can use foil. Make sure to spread them out so it is not over crowded. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes in a 425 degree oven on the middle shelf. You want to bake them until the potatoes are tender and the tomatoes begin to pop. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the potatoes and tomatoes.
- 4Serve -- Make sure to pour all the vegetables and juice into a serving bowl or platter. The juice from the tomatoes and olive oil is great. Garnish with parsley. ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Grape Tomatoes and Olives
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.2
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 303.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 2.4 g