Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
From the June, 2020 Bon Appetite. Haven't made it yet, but has all the ingredients we enjoy, especially the roasted fingerlings !
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 2 eggs, hardboiled, peeled, and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Position rack in bottom 1/3 of oven.
- Heat oven to 400*F.
- Brush heavy rimmed baking sheet with oil.
- Place potatoes and 2 Tbsp oil in large bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss.
- Arrange potatoes cut side down on baking sheet.
- Roast until cut side is brown, about 23 minutes.
- Using tongs, turn potatoes over.
- Roast until crisp, deep golden, and tender, about 12 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir green onions, parsley, tarragon, vinegar,mustard, and 2 tsp oil in small bowl.
- transfer potatoes to dish.
- Spoon chopped eggs and herb salad over.
Fantastic potato salad- my family want to give you 25 stars....but we are settling for the 5 allowed. We used fingerling Potatoes (known as kipfler in Australia) and all fresh herbs for the salad. Delicious! Definitely a recipe that we will be making again. My youngest daughter doesn't go much on potato salad so we kept some of the potatoes just like big chips for her. Photo also posted. Made for January 2013 Recipe Swap in the Aus/NZ Forum.
Made this for dinner tonight. I loved the extra depth in taste that the roasted potatoes brought to this salad. The rating is based strictly on my own opinion since none of my children have ever liked potato salad (though they all tried a bite) and I have never been able to get my husband to ever try it. However, since we are temporarily staying with my MIL and there are other family members here too, I thought it would be something they would enjoy. No one else tried it, so I will be enjoying leftovers tomorrow for lunch. Made and reviewed for the Sept. 2012 AUS/NZ Swap.
This was really tasty! I didn't have fingerlings but used little potatoes. I loved the dressing. I ate it warm. Thanks! Made for Australian swap Nov. 2011.