1/1 Photo of Roasted Fennel With Parmesan - Giada De Laurentiis
This simple and flavorful recipe was featured on "Everyday Italian" by Giada De Laurentiis. Goes well with other roasted dishes for dinner such as pork and balsamic pears. The saltiness of the Parmesan goes wonderfully with the sweet, mellow flavor of the roasted fennel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Clean and cut the fennel bulbs: cut them horizontally into 1/3 inch thick slices and reserve the fronds.
- 3Take the reserved fennel fronds and chop enough of them to make 2 teaspoons; set aside.
- 4Spray the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch glass baking dish with olive oil.
- 5Lay the fennel slices in the dish, making sure that all the pieces are touching the bottom so that they roast rather than steam when they're cooking.
- 6Sprinkle with the salt and pepper, then with the Parmesan.
- 7Drizzle with the olive oil and bake for 45 minutes at 375 degrees F, until the fennel is tender and the Parmesan is golden brown.
- 8Transfer roasted fennel to serving platter, sprinkle with the 2 teaspoons chopped reserved fennel fronds, and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Fennel With Parmesan - Giada De Laurentiis
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.7
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 539.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 6.1 g