Cook1 hr 30 mins
Chickpeas!! I'm posting recipes from a book I found. Source: Hummus by Avner Laskin
Make and share this Roasted Fennel With Chickpeas recipe from Food.com.
- Soak chickpeas overnight in 8 cups of cold water.
- Drain the peas, rinse, and transfer to a large pot.
- Add the other 8 cups of water, baking powder and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low and cook uncovered for 1 1/2 hours or until peas are soft.
- Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Slice the fennel lengthwise into thin strips and lay in a deep pan.
- Add wine, oil, garlic, salt and white pepper, and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until the fennel is soft and has absorbed most of the liquid.
- As this bakes, separate the oranges into sections, and remove the membrane from each section using a paring knife.
- Transfer the roasted fennel to the bowl with the chickpeas and mix well.
- Add orange sections, lemon juice, and more salt and white pepper to taste.