1/1 Photo of Roasted Fennel With Chickpeas
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Charlotte J's Note:
Chickpeas!! I'm posting recipes from a book I found. Source: Hummus by Avner Laskin
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak chickpeas overnight in 8 cups of cold water.
- 2Drain the peas, rinse, and transfer to a large pot.
- 3Add the other 8 cups of water, baking powder and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce to low and cook uncovered for 1 1/2 hours or until peas are soft.
- 5Drain and place in a large bowl.
- 6Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- 7Slice the fennel lengthwise into thin strips and lay in a deep pan.
- 8Add wine, oil, garlic, salt and white pepper, and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- 9Spread the mixture evenly in the pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until the fennel is soft and has absorbed most of the liquid.
- 10As this bakes, separate the oranges into sections, and remove the membrane from each section using a paring knife.
- 11Transfer the roasted fennel to the bowl with the chickpeas and mix well.
- 12Add orange sections, lemon juice, and more salt and white pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Fennel With Chickpeas
Serving Size: 1 (654 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.8
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 780.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 6.4 g