Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
Delicious with fish.
- preheat the oven to 180c/350f.
- trim the hard round stalks at the top of the fennel bulbs and discard the outer layers.
- cut the remainder into thin wedges and place in a large shallow roasting tin.
- drizzle over the olive oil and toss to coat, then season to taste with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- place fennel in the oven and roast for 55 mins until softened and lightly browned, stirring once or twice to ensure even cooking.
Amazing! I also like fennel raw, but it is nice how roasting kind of mellows it out. A great veggie side dish for any meal.
When I first tried this recipe, I failed to give it any stars. Forgive me Linds, this is a very tasty recipe and worthy of 5 stars! Thanks for sharing!
Yumm!! I love the subtle anise flavor coming through the flavor of an oven-roasted vegetable. I added kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper along with extra virgin olive oil and it tasted great!!!