Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Finocchi e Carote Al Forno con Formaggio Pecorino
- 4 fennel bulbs, plus 2 teaspoons chopped fronds (about 3 and 1/2 pounds)
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cut diagonally into 1/3-inch thick slices
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 1⁄3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut fennel bulbs horizontally into 1/3-inch thick slices,
- Lightly oil 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish.
- Layer sliced fennel and carrots in dish, sprinkling layers with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with thyme, then cheese.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake until vegetables are tender and top is golden brown, about 1 and 1/4 hours.
- Sprinkle with fronds. Makes 8 servings.
- That's it!