Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From Giada De Laurentiis.
- 4 fennel bulbs, cut horizontally into 1/3-inch-thick slices (about 3 1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fennel leaves, for garnish
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut diagonally into 1/3-inch-thick slices
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecorino cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly oil 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Layer sliced fennel and carrots in dish, sprinkling layers with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with thyme, then cheese. Drizzle with oil.
- Bake until vegetables are tender and top is golden brown, about 1 1/4 hours.
- Sprinkle with fronds.
A delicious vegetable dish, not unsimilar to one I make when fennel is in season. I loved the addition of the cheese however, this made it almost a complete vegetarian meal! We ate this with home-made bread for a light lunch. Made for photo tag - photo to be posted over the weekend! Thanks Amanda - great recipe! FT:-)