Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From a TOH mag.
- 12 large baking potatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted, divided
- 6 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- With a sharp knife, slice potatoes thinly but not all the way through, leaving slices attached at the bottom.
- Place potatoes in a greased shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with salt; brush with 1/4 cup butter. Bake, uncovered, at 425°F for 30 minutes.
- Brush potatoes with remaining butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake 20 minutes longer. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. bake 5-10 minutes more or until potatoes are tender and golden brown.