Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Roasting veggies intensifies the flavor, this is a veggie combination that goes well together and seems to all get roasted at the same time, you can also add in potatoes and/or fennel bulb, but remember if you add in veggies such as potatoes or fennel they will take a longer time to cook, just keep and eye on them, and maybe remove all of the other veggies and continue to roast until done. The lemon-mustard vinaigrette can be made ahead of time, and ALL ingredients can be adjusted to suit taste. This is a wonderful side dish to serve with a turkey or roasted chicken dinner. If you like then roast the veggies with fresh garlic mixed with the olive oil.
Top Review by MinnesotaSummer
AWESOME!!!!! This will definitely become a regular at my house! The combination was perfect. I ended up using a yellow bell pepper instead of a red one after I cut into mine and found it was rotten...I also added some mushrooms, and some very thin slices of sweet potatoes because I had some on hand...I served this on top of jasmine rice for the perfect dinner that kept my appetite at bay well into the following day.
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into about 2-inch pieces (if you can purchase thick carrots for this)
- 2 big onions (cut into 6 wedges)
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thick strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into thick sprips
- 1 yellow squash, cut into quarters lengthwise
- 1 -2 large zucchini, cut into quarters, lengthwise
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (or to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced garlic (optional)
- salt and pepper
LEMON MUSTARD DRESSING
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- minced shallot (minced garlic may be substituted for the shallots)
- salt and pepper
- fresh herb
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400°F.
- Grease a large baking sheet/pan.
- Mix all the veggies with olive oil and garlic (if using) to coat well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place on the baking pan.
- Roast in oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until tender.
- To make the lemon-mustard vinaigrette: whisk all ingredients together while the veggies are roasting.
- Place the roasted veggies in a serving bowl and pour the vinaigrette over the warm veggies, then serve.
- Garnish with fresh herbs if desired.