Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Roasting veggies intensifies the flavor, this is a veggie combination that goes well together and seems to all get roasted at the same time, you can also add in potatoes and/or fennel bulb, but remember if you add in veggies such as potatoes or fennel they will take a longer time to cook, just keep and eye on them, and maybe remove all of the other veggies and continue to roast until done. The lemon-mustard vinaigrette can be made ahead of time, and ALL ingredients can be adjusted to suit taste. This is a wonderful side dish to serve with a turkey or roasted chicken dinner. If you like then roast the veggies with fresh garlic mixed with the olive oil.
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into about 2-inch pieces (if you can purchase thick carrots for this)
- 2 big onions (cut into 6 wedges)
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thick strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into thick sprips
- 1 yellow squash, cut into quarters lengthwise
- 1 -2 large zucchini, cut into quarters, lengthwise
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (or to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced garlic (optional)
- salt and pepper
LEMON MUSTARD DRESSING
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- minced shallot (minced garlic may be substituted for the shallots)
- salt and pepper
- fresh herb
- Set oven to 400°F.
- Grease a large baking sheet/pan.
- Mix all the veggies with olive oil and garlic (if using) to coat well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place on the baking pan.
- Roast in oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until tender.
- To make the lemon-mustard vinaigrette: whisk all ingredients together while the veggies are roasting.
- Place the roasted veggies in a serving bowl and pour the vinaigrette over the warm veggies, then serve.
- Garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
AWESOME!!!!! This will definitely become a regular at my house! The combination was perfect. I ended up using a yellow bell pepper instead of a red one after I cut into mine and found it was rotten...I also added some mushrooms, and some very thin slices of sweet potatoes because I had some on hand...I served this on top of jasmine rice for the perfect dinner that kept my appetite at bay well into the following day.
We absolutely loved this! I am constantly looking for ways to make vegetables more exciting, and the vinaigrette for this was fantastic. This will definitely be part of our regular rotation! Thanks Kittencal!
This was easy and good and versatile. I also added some broccoli which was great with the lemon and served with chicken - it was a lovely dinner so thanks.