Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
- 1 (2 lb) butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 lbs red new potatoes (12 to 14)
- 1 lb medium red onion (about 2 to 3)
- 1 lb carrot (6 to 8 medium)
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F Divide vegetables and garlic between two rimmed baking sheets (or line with parchment paper, if desired, for easy cleanup); dividing evenly, toss with oil, 2 teaspoons coarse salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Roast until vegetables are tender and beginning to brown, 40 to 50 minutes, tossing them and rotating sheets from top to bottom halfway through. Serve hot or at room temperature. (To store: Let cool, place in an airtight container, and refrigerate up to 3 days. Pour off any accumulated liquid before using).