Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Wonderfully easy, filling and tasty soup! Adapted slightly from the original Martha Stewart online recipe.
- 1 lb butternut squash (diced into 1.5-inch cubes)
- 1 lb yam (diced into 1.5-inch cubes)
- 1⁄2 lb red onion (also diced into 1.5-inch cubes)
- 1⁄2 lb carrot (diced into 3/4-inch cubes)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced or peeled and smashed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups water (more or less for desired consistency)
- salt & pepper
- toss all chopped vegetables with the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste, and line single-layer on a baking sheet (using parchment for easy clean-up if desired).
- roast vegetables at 450 for 40 to 45 minutes or until lightly browned and tender. take out of oven, let cool.
- take roasted vegetables and working in batches with either a submersible blender or regular blender, puree vegetables with water until smooth.
- add additional salt and pepper and cayenne pepper to taste.