1/1 Photo of Roasted Endives With Mushrooms
A recipe from Ricardo that I tried. I don't like raw endives but in this recipe, I liked it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 few drops truffle oil (optional)
- 1 (227 g) package white button mushrooms, diced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
- 1In a skillet, heat the olive and truffle oil over medium-high heat. Fry the mushrooms and shallots.
- 2Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 3With the rack in the highest position, preheat the broiler.
- 4Remove the outer leaves and the base of the endives. Cut the endives in half lengthwise.
- 5Arrange the endive (cut side down) on a baking sheet. Brush with half the olive oil. Roast the endives for about 8 minutes. Turn the endives over halfway through baking and baste with the remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Stuff the roasted endive with the mushroom filling. Sprinkle with the cheese. Broil in the oven. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Endives With Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (628 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.3
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 309.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 13.4 g