Prep 1 hr 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 3 small eggplants, each sliced into 4 pcs.,lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 cm thick slices (capsicum)
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2 cm thick slices
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons grape juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 60 g feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (or tulsi leaves)
- Place the eggplant slices in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Rinse slices under running water, drain and pat dry on a paper towel that will absorb the water.
- Line oven tray with baking paper.
- Place a tomato slice and capsicum slice between 2 eggplant slices.
- Prepare all the eggplant slices in the same way.
- Arrange on the baking tray.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar-grape juice mixture and garlic.
- Drizzle this combined mixture over the arranged eggplants.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven for 35 minutes.
- Brush the veggies with pan juices (liquid which has been collected in the baking tray).
- Bake uncovered for another 25-30 minutes or until well browned.
- Sprinkle basil just before serving.