1 hr 15 mins
From South Beach diet. Phase 1. I've tried this recipe twice and haven't liked it, yet. ... but I really want to! Any suggestions that would keep it South Beach Diet-friendly?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Pierce eggplants in 2 or 3 places and place on baking sheet.
- 3Roast for 20 minutes or until tender, turning once or twice.
- 4When cool enough to handle, halve lengthwise an scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/2 to 1/4 inch shell.
- 5Set shells aside. Chop pulp and let drain in a colander in the sink.
- 6Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- 7Add onion and bell pepper, cook for 8 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 8Add garlic and beef, stirring to crumble the beef, for 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 9Stir in eggplant pulp, oregano, and tomato sauce.
- 10Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until thick.
- 11Stir in 1/4 cup cheese, salt, and black pepper.
- 12Place the eggplant shells on a baking sheet and evenly divide the beef mixture among them.
- 13Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- 14Roast for 15 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Eggplant Stuffed With Beef
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.6
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 578.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 32.3 g