Recipe by TerriD.
Roasted eggplant with garlic & cheese creates a wonderful combination of savory flavors. Spread it on crusty bread or pita chips, or serve with crudites. Simple and delicious.
- 1 large eggplant (1 to 1-1/2 lbs.)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup cheese, grated (Romano or Parmesan)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease baking sheet.
- Cut eggplant in half lengthwise.
- Place cut side down in baking sheet and bake about 40 minutes.
- Cool and remove skin.
- Using a food processor, puree eggplant, cream cheese, grated cheese and garlic until smooth.
- Add oil in stream until smooth.