Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious! Eggplant is the best veggie ever! And it really molds to the flavors you season it with!
- 2 small eggplants
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 green onions
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons capers, Drained
- 1 red chili pepper, Finely Chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees F. Peel the egglants and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces. Toss the eggplant with the 4 tablespoons oil and place on a.
- baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes, tossing the eggplant every 10 minutes. Peel the garlic, and slice thinly. Add the garlic to the eggplant and toss to mix and cook an additional 10 minutes or until the eggplant is fork tender. Once completely cooked remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, and thinly slice the onions. Add both to the eggplant and toss together. Tear the basil into small pieces and add to the eggplant mix. Add the capers, chile pepper, vinegar, and remaining 1/4 cup of oil. Season with salt and pepper. serve at room temperature.