Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Saw this on FoodTV's Cooking Thin show. This was easy to make and tasty. It was voted a hit in my house. Serve it with crackers or pita bread. It can be made ahead of time.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub eggplant and onion with olive oil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake about 25-30 minutes, until the eggplant and onion have softened, turning once.
- Add the garlic to the baking sheet at the baking halfway point, approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool until able to handle.
- Peel the eggplant and garlic and place into food processor (easiest way to get the eggplant is to cut in half and scoop it out with a spoon).
- Cut the onion into quarters or large chunks and add to the food processor.
- Add vinegar, lemon juice, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Pulse until it is of a dip or spread consistency.
- Add cilantro and briefly pulse.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Mouth-watering Good! I roasted the eggplant onion and a whole bulb of garlic at the same time 25 minutes was perfect.I used half the garlic which was creamy smooth. I think next time I`ll skip the cheese.The cilantro is a must! Very good.
This is good dip. I think next time I would only put 1 or 1/2 tsp balsamic in the mix because it was a very prominant flavor and I wanted more eggplant flavor to come through. I forgot the cheese and didn't miss it at all but I bet it would be good!!! Thanks for posting!
WOW! This was so so so so good. I can't believe how delicious this was. Unlike Rita, I adored the cheese in it. In fact before serving I sprinkled a little more on top from a nice chunk of reggiano I had on hand. I served this with homemade pita chips.