Recipe by Ducky
Saw this on FoodTV's Cooking Thin show. This was easy to make and tasty. It was voted a hit in my house. Serve it with crackers or pita bread. It can be made ahead of time.
Top Review by Rita~
Mouth-watering Good! I roasted the eggplant onion and a whole bulb of garlic at the same time 25 minutes was perfect.I used half the garlic which was creamy smooth. I think next time I`ll skip the cheese.The cilantro is a must! Very good.
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 onion
- 3 clove garlic (increase or decrease to taste)
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 9.85 ml balsamic vinegar
- 14.79 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 14.79 ml grated parmesan cheese
- black pepper, coarsely ground
- 59.14 ml cilantro, loosely packed roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub eggplant and onion with olive oil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake about 25-30 minutes, until the eggplant and onion have softened, turning once.
- Add the garlic to the baking sheet at the baking halfway point, approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool until able to handle.
- Peel the eggplant and garlic and place into food processor (easiest way to get the eggplant is to cut in half and scoop it out with a spoon).
- Cut the onion into quarters or large chunks and add to the food processor.
- Add vinegar, lemon juice, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Pulse until it is of a dip or spread consistency.
- Add cilantro and briefly pulse.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.