1/5 Photos of Roasted Eggplant, Onion and Garlic Dip or Spread
Saw this on FoodTV's Cooking Thin show. This was easy to make and tasty. It was voted a hit in my house. Serve it with crackers or pita bread. It can be made ahead of time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Rub eggplant and onion with olive oil and place on a baking sheet.
- 3Bake about 25-30 minutes, until the eggplant and onion have softened, turning once.
- 4Add the garlic to the baking sheet at the baking halfway point, approximately 15 minutes.
- 5Remove from oven and cool until able to handle.
- 6Peel the eggplant and garlic and place into food processor (easiest way to get the eggplant is to cut in half and scoop it out with a spoon).
- 7Cut the onion into quarters or large chunks and add to the food processor.
- 8Add vinegar, lemon juice, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- 9Pulse until it is of a dip or spread consistency.
- 10Add cilantro and briefly pulse.
- 11Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- 12Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Eggplant, Onion and Garlic Dip or Spread
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 57.2
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.7 mg
- Sodium 16.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 1.5 g