Recipe by Sharon123
Bahrain, officially the Kingdom of Bahrain, is a small island country situated near the western shores of the Persian Gulf. It is an archipelago of 33 islands, with Saudi Arabia to the west and Iran to the north. Make this dish a day ahead to allow time for the flavors to mingle. Uukkous Al-Badinjan blows baba ganoush out of the water! From Global Table Adventures.
Top Review by flower7
This is very tasty. I wasn't sure how big of eggplants to use so used three medium to small sized globe eggplants. Cut back on the cayenne just a bit but otherwise used amounts called for. Thanks for sharing!
- 3 eggplants
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a fork, poke eggplants all over. Roast eggplants at 350*F for about 1 hour or until soft(or grill at 350*F for about an hour or until soft).
- Remove from oven and let cool until you can handle the eggplants. With a knife, split eggplants open and scoop out all the flesh into a food processor or blender(or into a bowl and use your immersion blender).
- Add remaining ingredients and puree. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Chill and serve with flatbread or as an accompaniment to main meal.