Recipe by puppitypup
I love eggplant so when I saw this Taste of Home recipe, I thought it would be worth saving. I've tweaked it just a bit. Serve with pita wedges and carrot sticks.
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 lb)
- 9 green onions (white portion only)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced chives, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pierce eggplant several times with a fork. Place eggplant and onions in a shallow foil-lined baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Cool. Peel and cube the eggplant.
- In a food processor, combine yogurt, lemon juice, oil, salt, pepper, eggplant and onions. Cover and process until almost smooth.
- Add 2 T chives; cover and process until blended.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with remaining chives.