Chef AndyPandy's Note:
This is my version of what many call "baba ganoush." I learned the Persian version some years back (called 'kashke badamjun') and have played with it over time and adapted it to my tastes. Hopefully you'll do the same.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F
- 2In a saute pan, start onions on a low flame in a little olive oil and salt and pepper. You want them to caramelize nicely without burning.
- 3Place eggplant slices in large bowl and drizzle liberally with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and give a good toss (trick: works well in clean plastic bag, such as [gasp] a trash bag. Just pull out the slices for roasting and toss the bag.).
- 4Place seasoned eggplant on baking sheets in single layer and roast until tender, about 15 minutes.
- 5When onions are near done add the garlic.
- 6In food processor, add all of the ingredients and pulse a couple times.
- 7Taste to adjust seasoning, then pulse to desired consistency (I like it a little chunky so I know I'm eating eggplant). You may adjust consistency by drizzling in olive oil while pulsing.
- 8Very good with crusty bread or pita or crackers or to stuff roasted tomatoes. Enjoy.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Eggplant Dip
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.0
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 11.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 2.0 g