Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I was craving an eggplant dip I bought in San Francisco once, but have no way of getting it where I live. So, I decided to experiment, and this is what I came up with. I actually like it! (measurements are approximate, use your own good judgment)
- 1 eggplant (medium to large)
- 2 garlic cloves (roasted would be good too)
- 1 -2 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon pizza seasoning
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prick eggplant all over with fork and place in foil and make a "cradle" for eggplant.
- Place eggplant with foil on baking sheet and bake for 35-45 minutes (depends on size of eggplant) or until collapsed and easily pierced with a fork.
- Once finished baking, remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Scoop "pulp" out of eggplant and discard skin.
- Place in food processor or blender and process with remaining ingredients.
- Serve dip with crackers or pita bread or crudites.