Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve with pita chips.
- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup bloody mary mix or 1 cup spiced tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut each eggplant in half lengthwise; brush the cut sides with oil.
- Spread the garlic cloves on the baking sheet and drizzle them with the remaining oil.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes or until the eggplant is tender.
- Take the eggplants out of the oven; when they are cool enough to handle, scoop out the pulp and put pulp into a food processor.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skins and put in the food processor.
- Add the green onions, soup, bloody mary mix, parsley, salt, and pepper to the food processor.
- Pulse on and off until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish dip with yogurt and serve.