Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
from the cookbook "Simply in Season" by Mary Beth Lind and Cathleen Hockman-Wert
Make and share this Roasted Eggplant Cilantro Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium eggplants (peeled,cut into 1-inch/2.5-cm cubes)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 2 lemons, juice of
- Soak the eggplant in a bowl of cold water for 20 minutes. Drain. Place in a single layer on a baking pan.
- Add garlic cloves and 1 tbs of olive oil to baking pan. Stir to coat eggplant with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350F/180C, stirring occasionally, until brown and soft, 20-30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Mix 2-3 tablespoons olive oil with eggplant and garlic in food processor (or with a fork) until smooth.
- Add half of the lemon juice and cilantro. Let the mixture stand about 5 minutes, taste and adjust the flavor with more lemon or cilantro if needed.