Recipe by Geema
I just saw this being made on the Barefoot Contessa on FoodTV and think it will be something special. Why don't you try it with me?
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
I had a strong feeling I was going to love this recipe and I was sooo right. Your directions were easy to follow and I did manage to leave some texture. Sometimes my food processor gets away from me and I overdo it, but I was real careful. I put the spread on my favorite toasted tortilla chips and that was my lunch. Very delicious and thanks for posting this recipe.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the eggplant, bell pepper, and onion into 1-inch cubes.
- Toss them in a large bowl with the garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread them on a baking sheet; roast for 45 minutes, until the vegetables are lightly browned and soft, tossing once during cooking.
- Cool slightly.
- Place the vegetables in a food processor fitted with a steel blade, add the tomato paste, and pulse 3 or 4 times to blend.
- It should still have a lot of texture left, and not completely pureed.
- Taste for salt and pepper.