Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I just saw this being made on the Barefoot Contessa on FoodTV and think it will be something special. Why don't you try it with me?
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the eggplant, bell pepper, and onion into 1-inch cubes.
- Toss them in a large bowl with the garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread them on a baking sheet; roast for 45 minutes, until the vegetables are lightly browned and soft, tossing once during cooking.
- Cool slightly.
- Place the vegetables in a food processor fitted with a steel blade, add the tomato paste, and pulse 3 or 4 times to blend.
- It should still have a lot of texture left, and not completely pureed.
- Taste for salt and pepper.
I had a strong feeling I was going to love this recipe and I was sooo right. Your directions were easy to follow and I did manage to leave some texture. Sometimes my food processor gets away from me and I overdo it, but I was real careful. I put the spread on my favorite toasted tortilla chips and that was my lunch. Very delicious and thanks for posting this recipe.
Another winner Geema! The spread was easy to make and very tasty. I really enjoyed it with raw veggies.