Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Serve warm or cold as a spread for crostini or toasted Italian bread slices. A suggestion from Katia that I think is fabulous, is to add a sprinkle of balsamic and a dash of parmesan to your bagel, crostini, sandwich etc.. to really put this over the top! Thanks Katia!
- Heat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Arrange the eggplant in a single layer on a nonstick coated baking sheet.
- Stir the olive oil and garlic together in a small bowl and lightly brush on both sides of the eggplant.
- Roast eggplant slices until lightly browned, turning once, about 20 minutes per side. Cool slightly.
- Coarsely chop the eggplant and combine with the red peppers and capers; add black pepper to taste.
I loved how simple this was. I used leftover roasted eggplant that I had, added extra capers to our taste. We stuffed the mixture into Pita pockets we made for a delicious vegetarian sandwich.
This was very good and I made some toasted bread to put it on. Thank you Brenda for posting the recipe.Made for zwt5 for Cooks with Dirty Faces.
i didn't have the red peppers and wish i had. without them, my attempt didn't turn out with the kind of rich flavour i expected.