Recipe by Brenda.
Serve warm or cold as a spread for crostini or toasted Italian bread slices. A suggestion from Katia that I think is fabulous, is to add a sprinkle of balsamic and a dash of parmesan to your bagel, crostini, sandwich etc.. to really put this over the top! Thanks Katia!
- 4 slices eggplants, peeled (1/2-inch thick slices)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed through a press
- 1⁄4 cup jarred roasted red pepper, chopped rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon small caper, rinsed
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Arrange the eggplant in a single layer on a nonstick coated baking sheet.
- Stir the olive oil and garlic together in a small bowl and lightly brush on both sides of the eggplant.
- Roast eggplant slices until lightly browned, turning once, about 20 minutes per side. Cool slightly.
- Coarsely chop the eggplant and combine with the red peppers and capers; add black pepper to taste.