Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
We love this in our family and now we make it for the residents here at the home. They usually eat it is a side. This was originally from Ina Garten, Barefoot Contessa.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Cut eggplant, peppers and onion into 1" cubes.
- Toss in large bowl with garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast for 45 minutes, until vegetables are lightly browned and soft, tossing once during cooking.
- Cool slightly.
- Place in food processor with steel blade, add tomato paste(if using) and pulse 3-4 times to blend.
- Taste for salt & pepper.
- Serve on toasted pita wedges, toasted crostini or crackers.
This was excellent. Living in Israel, there is a whole refrigerated section of different eggplant spreads. I will not need to visit it again, this was more than perfect! I went a little heavy and tripled the garlic. Thank you for posting!
This is a staple for me. It's easy to make, good over pasta, and as a dip. It's great for company too. People love it.