1/4 Photos of Roasted Eggplant (Aubergine) Soup
1 hr 10 mins
The recipe calls for one cup of cream, but the soup tastes equally delicious without it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium tomatoes, halved
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) eggplants, halved lengthwise
- 1 small onion, halved
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock (or more) or 4 cups low sodium chicken broth (or more)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Place tomatoes, eggplant, onion and garlic on large baking sheet. Brush vegetables with oil. Roast until vegetables are tender and brown in spots, about 45 minutes.
- 3Remove from oven.
- 4Scoop eggplant from skin into heavy large saucepan; discard skin. Add remaining roasted vegetables and thyme to same saucepan.
- 5Add 4 cups chicken stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook until onion is very tender, about 45 minutes.
- 6Cool slightly.
- 7Working in batches, puree soup in blender until smooth. Return soup to saucepan.
- 8Stir in cream. Bring to simmer, thinning with more stock, if desired.
- 9Season soup with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls.
- 10Sprinkle with goat cheese; serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Eggplant (Aubergine) Soup
Serving Size: 1 (2365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1694.2
- Calories from Fat 1161
- Total Fat 129.0 g
- Saturated Fat 61.8 g
- Cholesterol 354.8 mg
- Sodium 1501.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 29.4 g
- Sugars 44.2 g
- Protein 41.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: