1/1 Photo of Roasted Eggplant (Aubergine) Rolls
1 hr 5 mins
A healthy version to something usually called "eggplant rolatini" in italian restaurants. Very filling! And the robust flavors of this dish will will have your family asking for this on a regular basis. And it was found in Prevention Magazine, so you KNOW it's good for you!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) eggplants, peeled and sliced lengthwise (1/4-inch thick)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese (or reduced fat)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped spinach
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Brush 1 tablespoon of the oil on the sliced eggplant, and roast it until tender, about 15 minutes.
- 3Saute the onion in the remaining 1 tablespoon of the oil until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- 4Add the tomatoes (with the juice), and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 5In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta, spinach, mozzarella, basil, oregano, and garlic.
- 6Add salt and peper to taste.
- 7Lightly coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- 8Spoon the cheese mixture on each slice of the eggplant, and roll up like a jelly roll.
- 9Place the eggplant in the dish.
- 10Continue until all the eggplant is used.
- 11Top with the tomato sauce, and bake for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Eggplant (Aubergine) Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.3
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 337.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
fat-free ricotta cheese