1/1 Photo of Roasted Eggplant (Aubergine) Rolls
1 hr 5 mins
A healthy version to something usually called "eggplant rolatini" in italian restaurants. Very filling! And the robust flavors of this dish will will have your family asking for this on a regular basis. And it was found in Prevention Magazine, so you KNOW it's good for you!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) eggplants, peeled and sliced lengthwise (1/4-inch thick)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese (or reduced fat)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped spinach
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Brush 1 tablespoon of the oil on the sliced eggplant, and roast it until tender, about 15 minutes.
- 3Saute the onion in the remaining 1 tablespoon of the oil until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- 4Add the tomatoes (with the juice), and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 5In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta, spinach, mozzarella, basil, oregano, and garlic.
- 6Add salt and peper to taste.
- 7Lightly coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- 8Spoon the cheese mixture on each slice of the eggplant, and roll up like a jelly roll.
- 9Place the eggplant in the dish.
- 10Continue until all the eggplant is used.
- 11Top with the tomato sauce, and bake for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Eggplant (Aubergine) Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.3
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 337.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
fat-free ricotta cheese