Great light appetizer or snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fat free cream cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 1 green onion
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 medium spinach leaves, washed, stemmed and dried
- 1 cup of bottled spaghetti sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Spray 2 nonstick baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- 3Trim ends from eggplants; cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- 4Discard outside slices that are mostly skin.
- 5(you will have about 16 slices).
- 6Combine lemon juice and olive oil in small bowl; brush lightly over both sides of eggplant slices.
- 7Arrange slices in single layer on baking sheets.
- 8Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly golden brown on bottom.
- 9Turn slices over and bake 10 to 12 minutes more or until golden on both sides and tender (slices may not brown evenly; turn slices as they brown. Some very dark spots will occur).
- 10Transfer slices to plate; cool.
- 11Meanwhile, stlr cream cheese in small bowl until smooth.
- 12Add sour cream, green onion, tomatoes, garlic, oregano and pepper; stir until blended.
- 13Place eggplant slices on work surface; spread about 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture evenly over each slice.
- 14Arrange spinach leaves on to leavign 1/2 inch boarder.
- 15Roll up, beginning at narrower end; aly rolls seam side down on servign platter.
- 16(if making ahead, cover and refrigerate up to 2 days. Bring to room temperature before serving).
- 17Serve with warn spaghetti sauce.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Eggplant (Aubergine) Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.7
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 176.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free cream cheese