Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great light appetizer or snack.
Make and share this Roasted Eggplant (Aubergine) Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fat free cream cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 1 green onion
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 medium spinach leaves, washed, stemmed and dried
- 1 cup of bottled spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray 2 nonstick baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Trim ends from eggplants; cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Discard outside slices that are mostly skin.
- (you will have about 16 slices).
- Combine lemon juice and olive oil in small bowl; brush lightly over both sides of eggplant slices.
- Arrange slices in single layer on baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly golden brown on bottom.
- Turn slices over and bake 10 to 12 minutes more or until golden on both sides and tender (slices may not brown evenly; turn slices as they brown. Some very dark spots will occur).
- Transfer slices to plate; cool.
- Meanwhile, stlr cream cheese in small bowl until smooth.
- Add sour cream, green onion, tomatoes, garlic, oregano and pepper; stir until blended.
- Place eggplant slices on work surface; spread about 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture evenly over each slice.
- Arrange spinach leaves on to leavign 1/2 inch boarder.
- Roll up, beginning at narrower end; aly rolls seam side down on servign platter.
- (if making ahead, cover and refrigerate up to 2 days. Bring to room temperature before serving).
- Serve with warn spaghetti sauce.